I thought I would share the delicious recipe since I enjOyed it so much another family can too.
14 oz. can Diced tomatoes
1/4 pound Cooked smoked sausage
1/2 - 3/4 pound Fresh shrimp
1/2 pound Chicken (Thigh)
1 cup Long grain rice
1/2 medium onion diced
1/2 medium green bell pepper diced
1 Tbsp. Dried parsley
1 Tbsp. Chicken bouillon
2 Whole garlic cloves grated
2/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Seasoning Salt
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Bay leaf
Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
1. Boil your chicken thighs in plain water for 30-45 mins
2. Put your rice on to boil
3. Cut up your sausage in 1/4" circles, then start to clean your shrimp
4. In a medium bowl add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, and parsley flakes then sit to the side.
5. Place a drizzle of olive oil in a medium skillet then add your onions, and bell pepper, saute until onions are translucent.
6. Then add your shrimp, cook until pink which is about 2-3 minutes on both sides
7. Add the sausage into the skillet
8. Add can of diced tomatoes as well
9. Now get your bowl of dry ingredients and mix into the skillet with your shrimp and sausage.
10. At this time sit the skillet mixture to the side and take your chicken off from boiling.
11. Cut chicken up into slices or pull apart off bone.
12. Rice is done at this point so you need to add rice into the skillet mixture as well as your chicken and mix together over low-medium heat.
Optional: Add Cheddar Cheese on top or mix through your jambalaya.